Week in the Life 2020 MONDAY Pictures and Words


The Coronavirus Quarantine has us on summer schedule already.  Actually since the middle of March we have been sleeping in and staying up late.  I'm a natural night owl and Sophie is easy to convince. Joey seems to be up all night every night playing video games.  I started today with the same routine: let the dog out, make breakfast, take my medicine, eat, make the bed and do a few small chores.



Early in the quarantine we would walk right after breakfast to get the blood pumping and our brains awake and then we would jump right into school work.  Today Sophie rode her scooter while I pulled plants from the garage.  It was weird to have a frost warning last night so I wanted to protect them.  I'm sure I'll kill them later, but for now I could save them!  LOL


School work at the kitchen table.  This table is one of my favorite things.  My brother Rick made it for us the year before my husband died.  The table and the bench are just a little higher than most because Jason was a tall guy.  I love that it was made just for us by someone I love.


Lunch consisted of quiche.  Today I tried a new recipe I learned from the Food Network and added cream cheese to the eggs and cream.  It was super yummy!  The egg lady came later this afternoon and brought more farm fresh eggs too.


We started the long walk to the mailbox today, but Sophie had a scooter accident and scuffed up her leg pretty well.  This photo was taken before that.  My house is right over my left shoulder. ❤️


Afternoon cuddles and wrestling with Sophie and our dog Nora.  I love having this time to hang out together.


Taffy, our scaredy cat, somehow managed to get into the garage.  Maybe up under the car.  I'm just not sure.  Anyway, we I got back from getting the mail and got out of the car, I saw her squeeze her big, fat body into the tiny little gap under our freezer in the garage.  She wouldn't come out, not even for treats.  That's when we realized that she COULDN'T get out!  She was stuck.  It took all three of us to tip the freezer and pull her out, but we did it.  Some days it is just a little crazy around here.

The front of the house from the outside.  No grass yet.  We are hoping that sometime this week we will have sod.  *fingers crossed*
I am do thankful for our new little house.  It is exactly what I wanted, in the community I wanted to live and with the finishes and colors and comforts we love.  Thankful.



Comments